Sometimes I love to grill chicken for dinner. With a side of rice or soup it makes for a great meal. Grilling chicken is very easy and free of hassle. Just marinate the chicken for few hours and grill! Not much to prep yet you come up with a healthy, yummy and satisfying meal at the end. The best part is, if you have leftovers you can add in your salad or sandwiches for lunch the next day!
Whenever I grill chicken I try to change the flavorings in the marinade so that it is never boring. Sometimes it is with lemon and herb, orange glaze or some Indian spices. This Grilled Chicken with Honey Ginger Sauce has now become my new favorite! The ingredients are few and mostly from the pantry. This Asian inspired grilled chicken goes great with Asian Salad which I will be sharing very soon.
The recipe is very easy and fuss free yet packed with great flavors. You do not need an outdoor grill for this recipe. The stove top grill works perfect! The honey and ginger give a depth of flavor to the grilled chicken. The slightly sweet taste from the honey compliments the warm flavor of the ginger. A great grilled chicken recipe to try!
For easy clean up you may use a big ziplock bag to marinade the chicken. You may use boneless chicken breast for the recipe but the cooking time will change. If you do not have oyster sauce, you may use soya sauce instead.
Grilled Chicken in Honey Ginger Sauce
By August 10, 2016Published:
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Prep: 60 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 mins
The recipe is very easy and fuss free yet packed with great flavors.The honey and ginger give a depth of flavor to the grilled chicken. The slightly sweet taste from the honey compliments the warm flavor of the ginger.
- 4 pieces boneless chicken thighs fat removed
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teapsoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper freshly gorund
- 1 1/2 inch ginger grated
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 2 teaspoons white oil for grilling
- 1 stalk green onion finely chopped for garnish
- 2 sprigs cilantro leaves for garnish
- In a big bowl add the vinegar,oyster sauce,honey,salt,pepper,grated ginger and minced garlic.Mix well and marinate the chicken pieces. Cover with a cling wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat a grilling pan at medium high flame and brush with oil. Add the marinated chicken pieces and grill for 6-8 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 165F. Do not discard the marinade. In a small saucepan transfer the sauce and cook it until it comes to a boil and thickens at bit. Baste the chicken in between with the sauce until the chicken is done.
- Place the chicken on a chopping board and cover with an aluminum foil for 4-5 minutes. Transfer onto a plate and garnish with chopped green onion and cilantro. Serve hot with a side of salad or rice. Enjoy!
- Course: Main Course