Whenever you are in a shopping mall you are sure to be greeted with delicious sweet cinnamony aroma. There is something unbelievably enticing about the smell of hot cinnamon rolls wafting through the mall. The cinnamon rolls are absolutely delicious and addictive and you cannot miss a chance to taste one.
Though cinnamon rolls are easily available in the bakeries but a warm soft roll straight from your home oven is always better. To bake a batch of cinnamon rolls is not very difficult though it may take some time but it is worth the wait. The recipe has few steps. First to prepare the dough and let it rest in a warm place. Next to make the cinnamon butter filling, rolling up the dough with the filling and finally baking the rolls. While the rolls are baking make the cream cheese glaze. As the baked rolls cool down a bit, slather on the rolls with the cream cheese glaze and taste the soft, fluffy homemade cinnamon roll.
These rolls came out soft, fluffy, sweet with ooey gooey layers of cinnamon sugar topped with cream cheese glaze. Take a bite and see how it melts in your mouth.
These rolls are perfect for the season. Bake a batch and enjoy!
You may store the rolls in an airtight container for a day in room temperature. Transfer the leftovers in the refrigerator. Slightly warm in the microwave before serving.
Sending these freshly baked cinnamon rolls to Yeastspotting
By December 12, 2014Published:
- Yield: 9 rolls
- Prep: 2 hrs 0 min
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 2 hrs 45 mins
These rolls came out soft, fluffy, sweet with ooey gooey layers of cinnamon sugar. Take a bite and see how it melts in your mouth.
- 3 1/2- 4 cups all-purpose flour For the dough
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 21/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup luke warm water
- 1/2 cup luke warm milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup melted butter For the filling
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar For the glaze
- 4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the Dough: In a small bowl dissolve the yeast with 1 tablespoon sugar and lukewarm water and set aside. In a large bowl mix milk, rest of the sugar, melted butter, salt and egg. Add 2 cups of flour and mix until smooth.
- Add the yeast mixture to the flour mixture. Mix in the remaining flour and combine until a dough comes together. Transfer the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead for 8-10 minutes or until the dough is soft and smooth to touch. Place the dough in a well greased bowl, cover and let it rise in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- When doubled in size, punch down the dough. Roll out on a floured surface into 15X9 inch rectangle. Spread the melted butter over the dough. Mix sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the buttered dough.
- Starting from the long side, roll the dough tightly like a jelly roll and pinch the edges together to seal. Cut into 9 equal sized roll. Place the cut rolls close together in a square greased pan. Cover the pan lightly with a cling wrap and let it rise until the rolls become puffed up and doubled in size, for about 30 minutes. Towards the end of the rise, pre heat the oven to 350F.
- Bake the rolls for 30 minutes or until nicely browned. Remove the pan from the oven and let it cool in a wire rack for 10 minutes. Meanwhile prepare the glaze.
- For glaze: Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Using electric mixer, beat until smooth. Spread glaze on warm rolls.
- Enjoy the cinnamon rolls warm or at room temperature with your favorite cup of coffee or a glass of milk.