Last couple of days have been very hot here. Though the nights are bit cooler but the days are hot and sultry. In this hot summer day how about a tall glass of chilled drink? I know the very thought gives a cooling and satisfying note.
We have been lately addicted to this drink. Whenever we pass by a coffee shop we order the Frappe Mocha to chill and quench our thirst. It instantly cools us down. Now after having several times from the shop I wondered why not give it a shot at home. It is so simple a drink that it is ready in seconds if you have some ice in the freezer.
It is an irresistible drink, sweet in taste and rich and smooth in texture with ice blended in. The whipped cream gives a creamier and richer taste to the drink. If you are in love with coffee and chocolate, this drink is definitely for you.
By July 25, 2014Published:
- Yield: 4-6 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 1 min
- Ready In: 16 mins
It is an irresistible drink, sweet in taste and rich and smooth in texture with ice blended in. The whipped cream gives a creamier and richer taste to the drink.
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups full fat milk chilled
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup store bought (for home-made version see tips)
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar or to taste
- 2 cups crushed ice
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup to drizzle on top
- In a blender jar add all the ingredients in the order listed except the whipped cream. Blend for 60 seconds or until well blended and the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Transfer in a tall chilled glass and top with dollops of whipped cream and drizzle chocolate syrup on top. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
You can use the store bought chocolate syrup in the recipe or else make your own. For the syrup, in a saucepan combine 2/3 cup sugar and ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder and slowly whisk 2/3 cup warm water. Bring the sauce pan to a simmer while constantly whisking the mixture. When the sugar dissolves, remove from heat and stir in 2-3 tablespoons of finely chopped chocolate. Mix well until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate. The amount of coffee and cocoa powder depends upon how strong you want the drink. You may skip the sugar if the chocolate syrup is too sweet for you.